총회 소식

폴김 목사, 한국전쟁재향군인회(Korean War Veterans Association) National Chaplain으로…

강승수 1 6,100 2020.07.25 13:23

버클랜드 침례교회를 개척하고 지금은 보스톤에 있는 안디옥침례교회 원로목사이신 폴김(Paul Kim) 목사는 한국전쟁 70년이 되는 올해 미국에서 한국전쟁재향군인회(Korean War Veterans Association, USA)의 국가 군목(National Chaplain)으로 선출되었다. 한국전쟁재향군인회(KWVA)는 1985년 6월 25일 뉴욕주에서 설립된 단체로 1945년 9월 3일부터 현제까지 한국전쟁에 참전한 경력이 있거나 1950년 6월 25일부터 1955년 1월 31일까지 한국밖에서 참전한 자들을 정회원하며 현재 1만 명이 넘는 회원을 가지고 있다. 한국인으로는 처음으로 임명된 것이라 자랑스럽다. 폴김목사는 "하나님이 저를 이 위치에 세워주신 것에는 특별한 목적이 있다고 생각하며 우리나라를 위해 희생한 이들에게 전도하며 사역할 기회에 감사드린다"고 전했다.  폴김목사는 국가  군목으로 매년 중요한 행사에서 예배를 인도하게 된다. 

Rev. Paul Kim, who planted the Berkeley Baptist Church and is now the pastor emeritus of the Antioch Baptist Church in Boston, MA, has become the national chaplain of the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) this year which is the 70th anniversary of the Korean War. 

KWVA was established on June 25, 1985 in New York. A regular member of KWVA must have served with any of the Armed Forces of the United States in Korea from September 3, 1945 to present or served outside of Korea from June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955. KWVA currently has over ten thousand members.

Rev. Paul Kim is the first Korean-American to be appointed to this position and stated, "I think God has a special purpose for me to be serving as the national chaplain of KWVA, and I am grateful for the opportunity to preach and minister to those who sacrificed for our country.” As the national chaplain, he will lead the prayers and worship services at important events of KWVA.

Comments

이성권 2020.09.03 13:21
폴김 목사님, 하나님께 영광입니다.
존경합니다. 교단의 자랑스럽습니다. 감사합니다.
한국을 위해서 목숨 걸고 수고하신 분들에게 큰 위로와 힘이 될 것입니다.
감사합니다.